Independent Protection Co., Inc. (IPC) has been protecting
homes and residences from the damaging effects of lightning
since 1934. "The Golden Rule" still remains our
company philosophy as we strive to treat all our customers the
way we would want to be treated.
IPC designs and manufactures equipment used in lightning protection
systems, but we do not make the actual system installation. The
installation is provided by one of our independent dealer contractors
that are located around the country. They are knowledgeable of
the standards and trained and experienced in making installations.
The dealer contractor will provide any price estimates or proposals
directly to you.
Why you should protect your
IPC possesses one of the most complete manufacturing
and engineering facilities for lightning protection. Our
staff stands ready to assist you in whatever capacity you may
need. Our network of trained authorized dealer/contractors is
strategically placed throughout the country to provide fast
and immediate response to an on-site installation need.
We thank you for your interest in IPC and hope to hear from you
soon. Please take an opportunity to learn more about lightning
and lightning protection from other information shown here on
our web site
Lightning Safety Tips
Following are some helpful safety tips to follow
if thunderstorms are approaching. Your personal safety and protection
is very important during thunderstorms. By knowing what to do
and what not to do, helps prevent you from being injured.
If you are caught outside, seek cover indoors immediately. First,
try and seek a lightning protected facility. The next best option
is a steel framed structure or other type of enclosed building.
Following are some additional safety tips for you.
- Stay away from doors and windows.
- Avoid being near electrical outlets, appliances or equipment.
- If the thunderstorm is present, do not unplug TVs, telephones,
stereos or other electrical appliances.
- Stay away from plumbing, avoid running water and do not take
a shower or bath.
- Do not use a corded telephone during a storm except for emergency
- If caught outside, seek cover indoors as quickly as possible.
- Do not stand under a tree for cover. Taller objects are struck
- Seek shelter in a hard topped car.
- Do not use an umbrella, golf club, lawn mower, bicycle or
- Avoid metal objects such as fences, bleachers or tall poles.
- If swimming or boating, seek shelter on land as quickly as
- If caught in an open field, crouch low and keep your legs
> Home Owners >